DTHT Episode 18 - No, You Aren't Living In Integrity
Welcome to Do The Hard Thing Episode 18. I am Jason Archer… creator, freedom seeker, leader of self | full time student and part time teacher of self mastery, and today is all about What It Means To Live In Integrity.
The goal, as always, is to dive deeper into how we humans can more effectively move toward the outcomes we want. Usually, this means getting uncomfortable and doing hard things. So, turn up the volume, put down the distractions and let’s kick this off…
[NOTE: Insert some intro music here | Insert brief description here]
Have you ever started down a path to create something meaningful in your life, and for whatever reason found yourself not moving toward the outcome you claim to want… And no matter the situation, part of you simply refused to move. This podcast is born from idea. Do The Hard Thing is an exploration in human movement.
INSIDE TODAY’S EPISODE…
“Integrity means having a conscience and honoring this conscience even when doing so may involve considerable personal sacrifice. It means placing the dictates of the soul and God above those of the ego..”
– Dr. Andy Drymalski, Ed.D.
★ Integrity Is Rare And Rarely Used
- Turns out when asked what integrity is… few people can answer the question.
- Wifey and I have been discussing this recently because of our contract.
- Some call it honesty.
- Some call it character.
- Some say it is keeping your word.
- I think it goes much deeper than that.
★ Integrity As Flow
- The word itself comes to us from the Latin meaning sound, complete, or whole
- It implies no division within oneself.
- If we take this deeper, we can see that integrity is alignment of our beliefs with our actions.
- See Dr. Andy’s definition above.
- It’s not enough to keep our word… The word we keep must align with the beliefs we hold.
- In this way, it flows from our essence from the inside out… bypassing ego.
★ Why Is It So Hard To Do?
- Social situations can get in the way.
- Ego shows up.
- Small talk example.
- Wedding example.
//THE HARD TRUTH
//ASK AND APPLY
Ask yourself this: Where in your life are you out of integrity? Work, home life, relationships, where do you see action that doesn’t align with your beliefs or desires?
Once you have your answer, it’s time to do the hard thing.
Apply the concept: Come up with at least one way you can use what you just learned to step into a place that requires you to step toward the real you, your real beliefs… and without waiting, put it into action.
Like Rumi said, “As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.”
That’s it for today! Thank you for listening, and if you found value in this message be sure to subscribe and leave a review on iTunes, Google Play, Castbox, or Stitcher | Share this with those you know need to hear it on social | And I’ll see you back here in the next episode | This is Jason Archer signing off | Now… go, and DO THE HARD THING.
Listen at dothehardthing.net